|Title:||Joint initiatives for developing health and sustainability in the region Sighetu Marmatiei - Rakhiv|
|Acronym:||"Initiatives for health"|
|Financing program:||Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 huskroua-cbc.eu|
|Priority:||8.2 - Support for health development|
|Project indicative:||HUSKROUA 1702/8.2/0106|
|Project budget:||982,878.41 €|
|European funds:||884,590.56 €|
Co-financed by the European Union
Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine Cross-Border Cooperation Program 2014-2020
Increase diagnosis capacity and medical intervention in Maramures and Zakarppatia
1. Increase the amount of medical equipment with 44 pieces of medical equipment (for the City Hospital of Sighetu Marmatiei and the District Hospital of Rakhiv) for the following sections: Obstetrics-gynaecology, Neonatology, Radiology, Ophthalmology;
2. Improve professional abilities of 60 medical staff members from obstetrics-gynaecology, neonatology and infectious diseases sections from both hospitals, which will take part in specialised trainings: neonatal intensive care, infectious diseases associated with pregnancy and new-borns, pre-natal and post-natal care;
3. Increase awareness among couples (200 people) about the highlights of being a parent (couples that are going to have a baby, are about to have a baby or already have a new-born baby).
I. Part 1 of the project – Acquisition of equipment
During the project medical equipment worth €850,923.60 in total is going to be purchased: €446,773.60 – City Hospital of Sighetu Marmației and €404,150.00 – District Hospital of Rakhiv.
• The City Hospital of Sighetu Marmatiei will purchase 38 pieces of medical equipment for Obstetrics-gynaecology, Neonatology and Radiology
• The District Hospital of Rakhiv will buy 6 pieces of medical equipment for Obstetrics-gynaecology, Neonatology, Radiology, Ophthalmology
II. Part 2 of the project – training programs
Three joint trainings are going to be organised, in synergy with the purchased medical equipment, thus modernizing the targeted sections. In total, 60 medical staff members will benefit from these training programs, 30 from the City Hospital of Sighetu Marmatiei and 30 from the District Hospital of Rakhiv.
II.a) 1. Pre-natal and post-natal care
This training program is addressed to two target groups. The first day is based on information and necessary tools for auxiliary medical staff (medical assistants and nurses), while the second day is dedicated to gynaecology and neonatology doctors and medical assistants, in the workshop “Magical Hour” – Essential good practices in the first hour of life of a new-born.
II.a) 2. Neonatal resuscitation and vital functions monitoring
In this activity, participants will be presented some theoretical information as well as practical exercises on dummies, focusing on the first day on neonatal resuscitation techniques and on the second day, on vital functions monitoring.
II.b) Trainings in Rakhiv:
II.b) 1. Cooperation in the area of infectious and epidemiologic diseases associated with pregnancy and new-born babies
III. Raising awareness regarding pregnancy and new-born care among the people of Sighet-Rakhiv region (2 identical events, 1 in Sighetu Marmatiei and 1 in Rakhiv)
The target group consists of couples that are going to have a baby, are about to have a baby or have a child less than a year old. The event is going to last for one weekend in each city, in July 2020. The estimates are for 100 people/event (200 in total).
The first day is addressed to couples that are planning to have or expecting a baby (pregnant women), consisting of theoretical information and practical applications useful for making the pregnancy easier: breathing exercises, massage, etc., as well as information on birth. 50 people are expected to come on the first day/city. The second day is focused on less than a year-old baby care. The participants will also get a gift box (for pregnant women or baby cosmetics and helpful tools).
• Purchase of 44 medical equipment pieces;
• Training of 66 medical staff members from the two hospitals.